Once you have your extinguishers installed, they are subject to annual inspections to make sure they are in proper working order in case of an emergency.
Your inspections may vary depending on what size or type of extinguishers you have installed, however inspections typically involve:
- Checking the exterior of the extinguisher for damage or corrosion
- Checking the hose for signs of obstruction
- Checking gauges to confirm that the pressure is in an acceptable range.
- Removing the pull-pin for examination and then replacing
- Placing a new tamper seal with current year
- Replacing the inspection tag with a current tag
- Placing the extinguisher back in its bracket.
Commercial properties in the state of Texas must have their fire extinguishers inspected once a year. The tag on the extinguisher will let you know when that year is up and when it’s time to get them looked at.
It cannot be overemphasized that taking time to choose the best fire extinguisher for your needs not only will save lives but protect the investment you’ve made in your business.
Still not sure which direction to go? Let our experts at iProtection Systems guide you in this huge decision.
Our team will get to understand your business and potential hazards that may be involved and then help you make an informed decision on which fire extinguisher is right for you.
Contact us today for a consultation!