Requirements for installing a fire sprinkler system in commercial buildings in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and Oklahoma varies by county. Many other factors for fire sprinkler requires will come into play including:
- Construction classification
According to the latest NFPA guidelines (NFPA 13), fire sprinkler systems must be installed in:
- All newly constructed commercial buildings 5,000 sq.ft. or larger .
- When remodeling an existing commercial building and the square footage increases to 12,000 or more
- Two or more unit townhomes and the sprinkler systems must be designed to NFPS 12-R requirements to include coverage of breezeways, garages, and balconies
- Buildings more than 55 feet tall
- Self-storage facilities are required to have fire sprinkler system installed, unless the facility does not have indoor corridors and a one-hour fire barrier installed.
To find out what regulations are needed for your newly constructed or renovated commercial business, contact us.